Get ready to make a healthy crustless spinach quiche recipe so loaded with flavor you’ll easily end up eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That’s really one of the best things about a quiche — that it makes a perfect snack or meal any time of the day.
This crustless spinach quiche recipe is delicious, so easy to make and high in protein. Plus, it’s gluten-free, vegetarian and ketogenic diet-approved.
History of Quiches
Where are quiches from? Most people think of quiches as a classic part of French cuisine … and they are, but some sources say quiches actually got their start in a different European country: Germany.
In fact, the word “quiche” comes from the German word kuchen, which means cake. Italian and English cuisines were also known for using eggs and cream in pastries dating back to the 13th and 14th centuries.
Quiche didn’t become popular in the United States until the 1950s.
Throughout history and to this day, there have been many variations on quiche. If you’re looking for some ways to change this recipe up, you can also try:
- crustless spinach mushroom quiche (add about one cup of sliced mushrooms)
- crustless spinach feta quiche (opt for feta as your cheese of choice)
- crustless bacon spinach quiche (include a couple of chopped-up strips of high-quality turkey or beef bacon)
- crustless fresh spinach quiche (simply use fresh spinach rather than frozen — a typical 10-ounce package of frozen spinach is equivalent to one pound of fresh spinach sautéed down to about one and half cups of spinach after draining)
- crustless spinach quiche with cottage cheese (cottage cheese is another healthy cheese option to use in quiche recipes)
The main players in this keto crustless spinach quiche recipe provide a variety of healthy nutrients. Here are the stars of the show:
- Eggs: As we all know, eggs are chock-full of protein and collagen, and they also contain several vital minerals and B vitamins. As such, they’re tremendous for heart, eye, brain, liver and skin health.
- Spinach: Loaded with vitamins K, A and C, spinach is considered one of the top potential cancer-fighting foods, and like eggs, it supports healthy immunity, vision, bone health, skin and more. There are few better choices in combatting disease than spinach.
- Raw cheese: For a dose of healthy fat, cheese made from raw milk does that more. The best part? You can choose your own version.
As you can see, this healthy spinach quiche is truly loaded with so many key nutrients you get in your diet on a daily basis. It’s also low in carbs yet high in energizing protein and fat.
This just may end up being the best crustless quiche recipe you’ve ever tasted.
How to Make Crustless Spinach Quiche
How do you make a crustless quiche? You simply combine all of your ingredients in a well-greased pie pan and bake.
The eggs help hold all of the ingredients together really nicely, and you won’t miss the crust at all.
How do you make the filling for a quiche? You simply combine the cooked and raw ingredients with cheese and eggs. So simple!
You can easily use this recipe to create crustless mini spinach quiches simply by choosing a few pieces of smaller bakeware rather than one large pie pan. Be sure to slightly reduce the cook time if you choose this option.
Don’t forget that it’s easy to put your own twist on this recipe and create a crustless spinach and feta quiche, crustless spinach and mushroom quiche, spinach bacon quiche (turkey or beef bacon, of course), or a fresh spinach quiche.
To get started creating this easy spinach quiche, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a nine-inch pie pan with coconut oil.
Next, add the onion to a pot. Add in the coconut oil.
Heat the coconut oil and onions over medium heat in the saucepan until onions are soft. Stir in spinach.
Cook until the excess moisture evaporates. Set that pan aside for now.
Next, put the raw cheese into a bowl. Add eggs.
Add salt and pepper. Mix these ingredients together.
Now, add the spinach mixture to the egg and cheese mixture.
Scoop into greased pie pan. Bake this quick crustless quiche for just 30 minutes.
And you’re done! I hope you enjoy this dish … any time of the day.Print
This crustless spinach quiche recipe is delicious, easy to make and high in protein. It’s also gluten-free and a great way to start your day.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1½ cups shredded raw cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil + extra for greasing
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch pie pan with coconut oil.
- Heat coconut oil and onions over medium heat in saucepan until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and cook until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add spinach mixture and blend together.
- Scoop into pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- You can vary the cheese, opting for feta, American, cottage cheese, etc.
- Customize the recipe with your favorite add-ons, whether that means mushrooms, bacon or another quiche variation.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender/oven
- Cuisine: French/German
- Serving Size: 241g
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 561mg
- Fat: 26.5g
- Saturated Fat: 14.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Cholesterol: 371mg
Keywords: crustless spinach quiche recipe, easy spinach quiche, keto crustless spinach quiche,