Try my Healthy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe that’s free of cow’s milk and white flour yet delicious and easy as pie to make.
- 1 eggplant
- 4 tablespoons Paleo flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup grated or shredded Pecorino Romano
- 13 ounces organic marinara sauce
- sea salt, to taste and to sprinkle on top
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Cut across the eggplant for one-inch thick pieces, after cutting off the ends.
- Put the Paleo flour in a bowl and coat both sides of each eggplant slice.
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a big saucepan, then add the eggplant slices. Sauté each slice for five minutes on each side. Add a little more coconut oil when you flip the eggplant.
- Heat up the marinara sauce in a pan at low to medium heat.
- Move the eggplant to a plate, one slice a time. Spoon on the marinara sauce, layer on the basil leaves and then follow with the grated Pecorino Romano for each slice, leaving plenty of sauce and cheese for on top.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/2 eggplant
- Calories: 505
- Sugar: 20.4g
- Sodium: 874mg
- Fat: 25.6g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 13.5g
- Protein: 25.3
- Cholesterol: 63mg
Keywords: eggplant parmesan recipe