Not sure what to do with an eggplant? Try this eggplant rollatini recipe that is full of flavor and healthy ingredients yet is completely gluten-free.
- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups spinach
- 4 ounces goat feta (or regular feta)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups pecorino romano, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- While your oven is heating up, cut the ends off of the two eggplants and then slice lengthwise.
- Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Reduce heat to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, goat cheese, spinach, oregano, parsley, basil, 1 cup pecorino romano, salt and pepper, mixing until well combined.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, add ¾ cup marinara.
- Place ¼ cup cheese mixture onto one end of the sliced eggplant, then roll it up and transfer to baking dish, continuing until baking dish is full.
- Cover with remaining marinara and cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Main dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: Approximately 4 rollanti (503g)
- Calories: 449
- Sugar: 16.7g
- Sodium: 705mg
- Fat: 25.3g
- Saturated Fat: 14.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5g
- Fiber: 10.7g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
Keywords: eggplant rollatini, eggplant rollatini recipe