Eggs Benedict is one the most luxurious breakfast or brunch recipes. Here’s a recipe that ups the nutrients and makes it even more delicious at the same time.
- 2 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon water
- 1 bunch asparagus (16 pieces)
- 1–2 teaspoons coconut or avocado oil
- ¼ large tomato, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 eggs, poached
- chives, chopped
- sourdough or Ezekiel bread, toasted (optional)
- For the Hollandaise sauce, in a small sauce pan, melt the butter or ghee over medium-low heat.
- Add all the ingredients into a high-powered blender until well combined.
- In a medium-size frying pan over medium heat, add coconut or avocado oil.
- Add the asparagus to the frying pan and pan fry until for tender, about 8–10 minutes.
- In a small pot, bring 2–3 cups of water to a boil.
- Once boiling, gently lower the eggs into the water and allow to boil for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs once finished and set them aside for assembly.
- Divide the asparagus on two separate plates and add sliced tomato and avocado on top. Optionally, add toasted bread on the plate first.
- Add the eggs and drizzle on the hollandaise.
- Top with chives.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Breakfasts
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving (292g)
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 377mg (25% DV)
- Fat: 31.2g
- Saturated Fat: 11.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 17.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 12.4g
- Cholesterol: 379mg
Keywords: eggs benedict recipe, how to make eggs benedict