These fried chickpeas are one of those healthy fried options. I love them because they’re made from chickpeas, coconut oil and seasonings.
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of each: cumin, chili powder, garlic, smoked paprika, sea salt, pepper
- Dry the chickpeas with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a large frying pan over medium low heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the chickpeas and spices to the pan, and turn the heat to medium. Fry for 10–12 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can adjust the spices to customize your fried chickpeas. Try curry-flavored ones or Italian-spiced ones.
- You can swap the coconut oil for the cooking oil of your choice, though it will change the nutrition a bit.
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Snacks
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 1,057mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to cook chickpeas, how to cook garbanzo beans, fried chickpeas recipe, pan fried chickpeas, fried chickpeas balls, crispy chickpeas, fried chickpeas snack, chickpeas recipes, cooking chickpeas, chickpea snacks