Need to avoid gluten? With the advent of the many viable gluten-free flours, you don’t have to miss out on this treat any longer.
- 4 apples, sliced (Granny Smith if possible)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/3 cup grass-fed butter, unsalted and melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice and core the four apples.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Spread sliced apples in 4 mini-tart pans or an 8 x 8 x 2 greased pan.
- In a bowl, stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Then mix with melted butter and sprinkle over apples in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
While the recipe calls for Granny Smith apples, other crisp apples from your local farmer’s market will do just as well.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 164 g (3/4 cup)
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3
- Fiber: 4.6
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 27mg
Keywords: gluten-free apple crisp, apple crisp recipe, easy apple crisp