Naan bread is a traditional bread from Central and South Asia, though “naan” is originally a Persian word meaning “bread.” Typically it’s loaded with gluten and carbs, but not this delicious and easy version.
- 1 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups canned coconut milk (full fat or reduced fat)
- (optional) ¼ cup goat feta or shredded pecorino romano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add in the coconut milk and cheese.
- Whisk until well combined, adding salt and pepper.
- In a small or medium pan over medium heat, add avocado oil for frying.
- Pour 1/2–3/4 cup batter into the pan.
- Fry for 3–5 minutes, then flip and fry for an additional 3–5 minutes.
- Place naan on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 14–16 (depending on crispiness preference), flipping halfway through.
- Pair with your favorite dish and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Bread, Side Dishes
- Method: Stovetop, Baking
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 naan
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 197mg
- Fat: 19.8g
- Saturated Fat: 11.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
Keywords: gluten-free naan bread, paleo naan, naan bread recipe