Macaroni salad isn’t exactly synonymous with a healthy dish … until now. Here we use the healthiest version of macaroni and add a blend of delicious, nutritious ingredients that up the protein and overall vitamin/mineral content. You’ll put this on repeat.
- 4 cups brown rice macaroni pasta, cooked
- 2 cups chicken, shredded and cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package buffalo mozzarella pearls, chopped
- ½ cup fresh chopped basil
- ¼ cup pesto
- ¼ cup capers or olives
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the brown rice macaroni.
- Use already prepared chicken to add to dish. Easiest way it to roast a whole chicken, and then take part of the bone-in breast and thigh and shred two cups worth with a fork.
- In a large bowl, place all the ingredients. Mix together until well-combined.
- Can be served at room temperature or chilled.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Main Dishes, Side Dishes
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 serving (229 g)
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 344 mg (23% DV)
- Fat: 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 23.5 g
- Cholesterol: 56 g
Keywords: macaroni salad, macaroni salad recipe, pasta salad, chicken macaroni salad