Our most popular condiment, ketchup contains far too much added sugar to be considered healthy. Instead, make your own! It’s surprisingly easy, tasty and nutrition-packed with this homemade ketchup recipe.
- 1 cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 2 hrs
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- water, as needed to facilitate blending
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes for at least two hours, then drain.
- In a blender, add tomatoes, vinegar, raisins, onion powder and sea salt.
- Blend on high, adding water as needed to facilitate blending and increase creaminess.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Serve immediately or refrigerate. It will keep for at least a week.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 26
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 363mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 0.9g
Keywords: homemade ketchup, ketchup recipe, sugar-free ketchup