Try this healthy, delicious miso soup recipe with mushrooms. The soybeans are fermented, so this it’s loaded with gut-friendly probiotics.
- 4 cups organic broth or water
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms or 1/2 cup dried, chopped
- 1 large yellow or red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1–2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cups coarsely chopped collard greens
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso
- In a medium pot, heat broth or water over medium heat and bring to a low simmer. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger, collards and coconut aminos. Cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the miso into a small bowl and add a little hot water. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the broth and vegetable mixture from heat. Add in the miso and stir to combine.
- You can use water instead of broth, though broth brings more flavor.
- As far as broth goes, use vegetable broth for a vegan version. You can sub in bone broth if you aren’t looking to keep this recipe vegan/vegetarian.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Soup
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 10.7g
- Sodium: 1,764mg
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24.3g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: japanese miso soup recipe, easy miso soup recipe, best miso soup recipe, miso soup recipe with vegetables