This healthy version of rice krispy treats replaces the rice with protein-rich quinoa and sweetens things up the natural way thanks to healing honey. And instead of using gobs of butter, the quinoa crispy treats are held together with almond and sunflower seed butters. Yum!
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups puffed quinoa or millet
- Prepare a 8×8 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small pot at very low heat, melt almond butter, sunbutter, honey and coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and scrap into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in sea salt and cinnamon.
- Add in puffed quinoa and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Spread out mixture with a spatula to make an even layer in the dish. Freeze for 20 minutes or longer until set.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and cut immediately. Serve frozen.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min freeze time
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar (50g)
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Sodium: 61mg
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: quinoa crispy treats, quinoa bars