Roasted Brussels sprouts with apples and pecans will have you wondering why you ever avoided (or maybe despised!) the tiny green cabbage.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup ghee
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 sweet apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1/3 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup grated Zamorano cheese (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, combine the Brussels sprouts, shallots, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Pour the white wine into the dish and place spoonfuls of ghee on top of the sprouts, making sure all areas of the dish have ghee.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the lemon zest, apples, pecans, thyme and (if using) Zamorano. Stir to combine.
- Return the dish to the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until sprouts and apple pieces are tender.
- You can use chicken or vegetable broth in place of white wine if you prefer.
- The cheese is optional, and if you don’t have Zamorano, you can use another healthy cheese, such as goat cheese.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Sodium: 80mg
- Fat: 21.9g
- Saturated Fat: 8.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18.6g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: oven roasted brussels sprouts, roasted brussels sprouts recipe