Most hash browns are made with white potatoes and canola oil. Up the nutrients and good health by using sweet potatoes, healthy fats plus onion and garlic. These will be a hit!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (approximately 6 medium-sized), peeled and grated
- egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the garlic and grated sweet potatoes.
- Sauté for 10–15 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and onions are translucent.
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture to a baking pan and brush with the egg wash.
- Broil on the top rack in the oven for five minutes, or until potatoes have reached your desired crispiness. They should be just a little browned on top.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Breakfasts
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving (183 g)
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 191 mg (13% DV)
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 27 mg
Keywords: sweet potato hash browns