This easy taco soup recipe can’t be beat. It is fast and filling, with just right amount of spicy, and it is easy to customize.
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 2 cups onions diced
- 2 cans of choice black and kidney beans
- 2 cups organic corn
- One 14-ounce can of organic plum tomatoes
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- One 14-ounce can of tomatoes with chiles
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Brown the 2 pounds of ground bison in a medium-high heated skillet until it is browned. (Remember: The ground bison will continue to cook in the slow cooker, so it doesn’t have to be overcooked.)
- While the ground bison is browning, dice the onions.
- Place browned ground bison and all the other ingredients into a large slow cooker or crockpot and gently mix with a wooden spoon.
- Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve in soup bowls placed on plate, with cut up peppers on the side.
- Top with your favorite toppings, such as avocado, diced green onion and shredded raw cheese.
- Instead of bison, feel free to swap in your favorite healthy protein, whether it’s grass-fed beef, free-range chicken or ground turkey — or skip the meat altogether to make it vegetarian.
- While this recipe calls for black or kidney beans, feel free to add both or utilize any other bean of your choosing.
- To add some spice, red pepper flakes, cayenne and additional hot peppers can turn up the heat.
- Category: Soups and Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 644
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 126mg
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 75.5g
- Fiber: 18.5g
- Protein: 49.2g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
Keywords: taco soup recipe, easy taco soup, taco soup crockpot, taco soup recipes, recipe for taco soup, quick and easy taco soup, best taco soup recipe, crockpot taco soup,