This strawberry shortcake cupcakes recipe includes only the best ingredients, and it’s free of refined sugars and gluten. Sweet enough for dessert but also not overly sweet, so it’s also suitable for a healthy snack!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 whole strawberries
- 2 cups whipped coconut cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl. Add the coconut flakes separately.
- Separate the yolk from the whites of 2 of the eggs. Set the egg whites aside.
- Combine 3 whole eggs, two egg yolks, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and lemon juice with a hand mixer. Be careful that you don’t over mix.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the dry mixture and wet mixture in alternate batches until the batter has no lumps.
- In a small bowl beat the egg whites until thick, soft peaks form. (Using a hand mixer works best.) Fold into the batter very gently.
- Pour or spoon batter evenly into the 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until done. Allow to cool for 5–10 minutes, then carefully remove cupcakes from the pan. Cool completely.
- When the cupcakes are cool, cut a small circle off the top and scoop out a little of the cupcake and put one whole strawberry in the cupcake.
- Frost the cupcakes with the whipped coconut cream.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake (92g)
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 21.7g
- Saturated Fat: 14.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
Keywords: strawberry shortcake cupcakes recipe, gluten-free strawberry shortcake cupcakes