This Vanilla Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes recipe is healthy, delicious and a favorite of kids! They are free of refined sugars and gluten free.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 whole strawberries
- 2 cups whipped coconut cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl. Add the coconut separately.
- Separate the yolk from the whites of 2 of the eggs. Set the egg whites aside.
- Combine 3 whole eggs, two egg yolks, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and lemon juice with a hand mixer. Be careful that you don’t over mix.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the dry mixture and wet mixture in alternate batches until the batter has no lumps.
- In a small bowl beat the egg whites until thick, soft peaks form. (Using a hand mixer works best.) Fold into the batter very gently.
- Pour or spoon batter evenly into the 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until done. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then carefully remove cupcakes from the pan. Cool completely.
- When the cupcakes are cool, cut a small circle off the top and scoop out a little of the cupcake and put one whole strawberry in the cupcake.
- Frost the cupcakes with the whipped coconut cream.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &