- 2 cups tapioca starch, plus more for rolling dough
- 2 cups paleo flour
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a wire whisk or a blending fork, whisk together the tapioca starch, almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Add in the avocado oil and warm water all at once and continue stirring. Add in the eggs and continue to stir until the mixture becomes dough-like. If the mixture is too soft, add coconut flour one tablespoon at a time until the consistency is correct.
- Powder your hands with tapioca starch. Scoop out the dough two tablespoons at a time and roll into balls. Place the balls of dough on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush the rolls with melted butter, remove from the pan and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Have you ever made dinner rolls that originated in a can? Don’t be shy — we’re all on our real food journey together.
The temptation to use those store-bought, unhealthy rolls happens because baking fresh bread can seem like such a daunting task. But what if I said that you — yes, you! — could make delicious, fluffy dinner rolls with just 10 minutes of hands-on time? And, better yet, that they’re suitable for people on a gluten sensitivity diet? These rolls exist, friends. Say hello to my Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls.
You’ll be impressed with how easy these are to make. Your family won’t believe they’re homemade. Everyone wins!
We’ll start by turning the oven to 350 F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper, to ensure our rolls don’t stick later.
Then, in a big mixing bowl, whisk together the tapioca starch, almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Though their names may be deceptive, these flours contain no wheat or grains. So whether you’re following a Paleo diet, can’t digest gluten or just don’t like it, these Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls can still make an appearance at the kitchen table.
Once you’ve whisked those ingredients up, add in the olive oil and water at the same time and stir into the ingredients. Then, add in the eggs and continue stirring. You want to keep going until the mixture starts to feel dough-like.
Don’t forget to pay attention: if the mixture feels too soft, and not quite ready to be dough, add coconut flour in by the tablespoon until you reach the right consistency.
Now the fun part begins — it’s time to turn that dough into Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls! This is a terrific step to get the kids involved in, too. Dust your hands with the tapioca starch to keep the dough from sticking. Then scoop out the dough, two tablespoons at a time, and roll it into balls.
Place the dough balls onto the waiting baking sheet and pop them into the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Before serving, brush the rolls with melted butter and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
These Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls are a delicious addition to any meal. You can serve them at different times, too. These would be delicious with turkey breakfast sausage and eggs for breakfast or alongside a lunchtime salad. Enjoy!
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &