Avocados were first used by the Aztecs and since have been highly sought after for their health benefits. Avocados are high in healthy mono-unsaturated fats such as oleic acid. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and are high in potassium, magnesium and fiber. Try incorporating avocados into your diet with this easy avocado lettuce wrap recipe.
Avocado Salad Wrap Recipe
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 6-8 romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- Mix all ingredients, except the lettuce, in a bowl.
- Scoop out approx. 1/2 cup into gluten free wrap, add lettuce and roll.