Few things are as good as arriving home from a busy day at work or on the go and being rewarded with a hot dinner. But you don’t need to order takeout or have a personal chef for that to happen. Thanks to crockpots, a healthy, homemade dinner made with little effort is possible.
I’m a huge fan of easy crockpot recipes, and this Beef and Broccoli is one of my favorites. It requires almost no effort — seriously! — and tastes better than delivery. Let’s make some beef!
Start by adding the liquids — the coconut aminos, white wine, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil — to the crockpot. This assortment of liquids will keep the beef tender and infuse it with flavor.
Next, place the garlic and spices in, then add the beef, tossing to coat. Use grass-fed where possible for a delicious way to get in your protein. Set the crockpot to cook for 6-8 hours on low.
You might have noticed there’s no broccoli in this yet. You’ll add that in about an hour before the meal is done, giving the veggie enough time to soften without overcooking. It’s a great way to increase your broccoli intake, providing all the powerful benefits, like weight loss and stronger bones, that the vegetable has to offer.
When the beef and broccoli is ready to serve, sprinkle with sesame seeds before ladling out and enjoying.
This easy dinner is sure to be a favorite in your home.
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 lb thin beef ribeye, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add the liquid to the crockpot
- Add Garlic, stir in spices
- Toss meat in crockpot to coat
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Add broccoli about an hour before serving
- Sprinkle Sesame seeds over top and serve