Don’t you just love warm, soft oatmeal cookies? One of the best things about making cookies at home is that you get the freshest and often the tastiest version of your favorite cookie. If you love oatmeal raisin cookies, you’re definitely going to be a fan of this easy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. With its simple healthy ingredients, you may even have everything you need for this recipe already on hand.
Get ready for some chewy oatmeal raisin cookies that aren’t only healthier than most versions, but they’re also vegan and gluten-free too. When it comes to gluten-free baking, these may just be the best oatmeal raisin cookies ever!
Soft & Chewy Gluten-Free, Vegan Cookies
Some of the best oatmeal cookies I’ve ever tasted have been on the chewy side. It may be a matter of personal preference, but I know many people will agree with me that a soft texture is a must for oatmeal cookies.
What’s awesome about this recipe for oatmeal cookies is that it accomplishes that chewy softness without any gluten. That’s right, this recipe is totally gluten-free, and it’s also vegan diet-approved. When you taste these chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, you’ll see how you really don’t need flour or eggs or dairy to succeed at making a delicious and satisfying oatmeal cookie recipe.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe Nutrition Facts
- 106 calories
- 2.3 grams protein
- 6 grams fat
- 12 grams carbohydrate
- 10 grams fiber
- 6.7 grams sugar
- 145 milligrams sodium
- 0.9 milligrams iron (5 percent DV)
- 95 milligrams potassium (2.7 percent DV)
Let’s talk about some of the health-boosting ingredients going into this oatmeal raisin cookie recipe:
- Oats: Obviously, you wouldn’t have oatmeal raisin cookies without this key ingredient. Oats are a whole grain loaded with fiber, which means they are excellent for preventing constipation. Oats specifically contain beta-glucan (a soluble dietary fiber located in the endosperm cell walls of oats), and oat beta-glucan has been shown in scientific studies to help lower cholesterol and boost heart health. (9)
- Raisins: Did you know that dried grapes are raisins? It’s true! Raisins are a great natural way to satisfy a craving for something sweet. Surprisingly, research also reveals that raisins may inhibit the bacteria that causes cavities and gum disease. (10)
- Cashew butter: Cashew butter gives this recipe a serious boost of healthy fat and protein, making these oatmeal raisin cookies a lot more nutritionally balanced than most. I highly recommend trying my homemade cashew butter recipe for these cookies if you have the time!
How to Make This Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
How to make oatmeal cookies doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. With baking time included, these chewy oatmeal cookies can be ready in 25 minutes or less!
Are you ready to learn how easy and delicious a healthy oatmeal cookies recipe can be?
Add the water and a pinch of salt to a pot, cover and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the oats, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until creamy.
Now you can add the rest of the salt and the baking soda to the cooked oats.
Gently mix the salt and baking soda into the oats.
Now, you’ll need to get another medium-sized bowl ready for the other ingredients.
In the empty bowl, mix the cashew butter and coconut sugar together. Once you have those two ingredients mixed together nicely, add in the applesauce.
You’re now ready to combine the ingredients of the two bowls.
Add in the raisins and mix everything together.
Place equal-sized balls of cookie dough onto an un-greased baking sheet. You can also add some extra raisins on top in the center of each cookie.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes
Your cookies are now ready to enjoy! Take a nibble while they are still warm or wait until they have cooled. I love these cookies either way!
Today and tomorrow, I’m hosting a free presentation all about what I’ve created to be the fastest and most authoritative way to become a Certified Essential Oil Coach.
And you’re invited! Click Here to Register
Whether you’re in pursuit of essential oil mastery or you want to build an essential oil business, this is a must-see presentation. Plus, I’ve set aside a half hour to answer your questions.
Like I said, no charge and you can register here.
Soft & Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
- ¾ cup water and pinch of salt
- ¼ cup gluten-free steel-cut oats
- ½ cup cashew butter, softened
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add water and salt to a pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add oats, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 10 minutes or until creamy.
- Add salt and baking soda to cooked oats.
- In a separate bowl, mix cashew butter and coconut sugar.
- Once mixed, add in applesauce.
- Combine both mixtures and add in raisins.
- Place on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 10–12 minutes.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &