Everyone wants beautiful hair, whether a man or woman; however, hair loss is common in both genders, which causes the hair to become thin and look unattractive. Learning how to thicken hair naturally and finding the right hair thickener could make a huge difference for you.
The American Hair Loss Association tells us that by week 22, a developing fetus has formed all of its hair follicles, which comes to about 5 million on the body! There are a total of 1 million on the head, with 100,000 of those follicles on the scalp.
Since we do not generate new hair follicles anytime during the course of our lives, this is the largest number of hair follicles a human will ever have. Most people will notice that the density of scalp hair is reduced as they grow from childhood to adulthood. This happens because our scalps literally expand as we grow.
Now, let’s understand some of the factors that can contribute to thinning hair:
- Physical stress
- Emotional stress
- Hormonal imbalances
- Thyroid condition
- Toxic exposure
- Deficiencies in important vitamins and minerals
- Use of some products found on the market
What happens when our hair is thinning? More than likely, the hair is falling out, aka hair loss. Usually, another hair starts to grow from the same follicle, but hair growth can decrease if DHT (a male androgen hormone that causes follicles to shrink) is high. For men, male pattern baldness follows that of a receding hairline. For women, baldness is characterized by thinning on the top or the center of the head. This is also known as androgenetic alopecia.
However, there are some hair loss remedies you can use to thicken your hair naturally and. Not only will it help you gain some voluminous locks and stop hair loss, it will save you a lot of money! You can start some of these things right away, such as:
- Lifestyle changes to reduce stress
- Dietary improvements
- Regularly using certain hair thickener natural remedies, such as essential oils
There are three essential oils that can help thicken the hair:
- Rosemary is one of the best oils for enhancing hair growth, which thickens the hair. Rosemary oil is believed to increase cellular metabolism that stimulates hair growth.
- Cedarwood essential oil can help stimulate the hair follicles by increasing circulation to the scalp. This can contribute to hair growth and slow hair loss! Cedarwood can help treat thinning hair and various types of alopecia, too.
- Clary sage essential oil can help balance scalp oils. Sage has some similar properties as rosemary essential oil due its ability to increase cellular metabolism. As well, it mimics some benefits found in clary sage, which provides hormone balancing properties.
Here is a great hair thickener recipe, which combines the power of these three essential oils, to try!
Rosemary, Cedarwood & Sage Hair Thickener
- 1½ ounces jojoba oil
- 1½ ounces grapeseed oil
- 30 drops pure cedarwood essential oil
- 30 drops pure rosemary essential oil
- 30 drops pure sage essential oil
- Place base of jojoba and grapeseed oils into jar. Add the drops of cedarwood, rosemary and sage.
- Blend well by placing the lid securely on the jar and shaking vigorously.
- Apply generously and massage into scalp and hair, wet or dry, once a day or 3 times a week.
- Leave in hair for at least 20 minutes (longer if you can); or apply before bed and leave in overnight. You may want to use a towel or shower cap to prevent staining your bed linens. Shampoo, rinse and style as usual.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &