Retinoids may be the way to healthier, more youthful skin. Learn how you can make your own homemade retinol facial serum.
- 1 tablespoon rosehip seed oil
- 10 drops carrot seed oil
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon apricot oil
- 1 teaspoon shea butter
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
- small glass measuring cup
- shallow pan
- glass storage container
- Pour the rosehip oil and carrot seed oil into a glass measuring cup.
- Place a shallow pan on the stove with about 2 inches of water in it and heat the water on low.
- Place the measuring cup in the pan, acting as a double-boiler.
- Add the almond oil and the apricot oil to the oils in the measuring cup.
- Next, add the shea butter to the mixture.
- Add the lavender, frankincense and lemon oils and blend well.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool. Once cooled, place in a glass container.
- Apply a small amount to the skin at night before bed. Make sure to apply it to clean, dry skin.
This facial serum should be stable at room temperature for at least a month. For higher temperatures, consider placing in the refrigerator.
Keywords: DIY retinol facial serum