Some people age more gracefully than others depending on numerous factors from genetics to sun exposure and diet, but it is always a good idea to prepare your skin for the inevitable: wrinkles. That’s where my homemade anti-wrinkle cream comes in.
You can never start too soon as long as you use the right products and ingredients. Though character-building to some, wrinkles are often caused by sun damage so simply avoiding too much exposure is helpful, but using an anti-wrinkle cream can make a big difference.
A lot of the products out there contain a good bit of chemicals. Though there can be a seemingly immediate improvement, some can cause more damage to the skin over time.
The key, however, is consistency with the right ingredients. That is something you can do right at home with my homemade wrinkle cream.
Here are the key players in my homemade anti-wrinkle cream:
- Almond oil: Because of its vitamin A content, almond oil is known to help reduce acne while preventing photo-damage to the skin.
- Jojoba oil: Being an emollient, jojoba oil is very soothing to the skin, acting as a great moisturizer, especially since it does not clog pores.
- Ginseng extract: A 2015 study indicates that with consistent use, ginseng may reduce photo-damage and wrinkles.
- Rosehip seed oil: Rosehip seed oil is an amazing ingredient in this DIY anti-wrinkle cream because it can deeply penetrate the skin, giving it beneficial antioxidants, vitamin C and vitamin A that help with anti-aging. It can even help improve skin tone.
- Frankincense essential oil: Frankincense is pretty amazing in that it can help strengthen the skin while improving skin tone. It is antibacterial, too, which is great to help reduce acne, all while helping to tone and lift the skin on your face.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil for skin is a longtime favorite of mine due to its antimicrobial characteristics, which help fight bacteria, therefore reducing acne. It is also very hydrating, which helps reduce wrinkles and dry skin.
- Beeswax: Beeswax is also very hydrating, providing the ability to keep the skin moisturized. It is even known to help reduce stretch marks, making it a great choice for minimizing lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin E oil: Vitamin E has long been known for its ability to reduce the development of wrinkles. It does this by providing moisture and elasticity to the skin.
- Shea butter: Shea butter is rich in vitamin E and vitamin A. What’s great is that it helps rebuild skin cells and softens the skin while boosting collagen production.
How to Make Anti-Wrinkle Cream
In a small bowl, add the almond oil and the jojoba oil.
Now, add the ginseng extract, rosehip seed oil and frankincense, and blend well.
Up next are the coconut oil and beeswax.
To get the best results, melt the beeswax first so that it blends better. To do this, place it in a heat-safe bowl. Place the bowl in a pan of very hot water for a just a few minutes.
Once it softens, you can pour it in the bowl with the other ingredients.
Now, combine the final ingredients, vitamin E oil and shea butter.
The final product should be OK in the refrigerator or a cool, dark cabinet for around two to three weeks. If you are not sure how much you need, cut the recipe in half.
Make sure all ingredients are well-blended. Place in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Apply to clean skin at night before bed. It is best to use a clean utensil for dipping into the mixture (not your fingers) to prevent bacterial growth since there are no preservatives.Print
Want to protect your skin from wrinkles and aging? Click here to learn how to make your own anti-wrinkle cream with natural ingredients.
- ⅛ cup almond oil
- ⅛ cup jojoba oil
- ½ teaspoon ginseng extract
- 1 teaspoon rosehip seed oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- In a small bowl, add the almond oil and the jojoba oil.
- Add the ginseng extract, rosehip seed oil and frankincense and blend well.
- Place the beeswax in a heat-safe bowl. Then place the bowl in a pan of very hot water. Once the beeswax softens, add to other ingredients and blend.
- Add the coconut oil. Blend well.
- Combine the shea butter and vitamin E oil.
- Store the remaining product in the refrigerator or a dark, cool place for up to 2–3 weeks.
Keywords: homemade anti wrinkle cream for eyes, homemade wrinkle cream coconut oil, homemade wrinkle remover, anti-wrinkle cream