Admit it: you’ve seen your share of smoothie bowls on Instagram and Pinterest. You know those breakfast bowls: they’re colorful, full of fruits and look like something you need to hit up a trendy cafe to enjoy.
So I hope you’re excited to learn that smoothie bowls — like the absurdly popular acai bowl recipes — are super easy to make right at home. No need to hit up the closest hipster hangout or over-priced raw bar. This Coconut Yogurt Chia Seed Smoothie Bowl is the perfect way to kickstart your mornings, made in the comfort of your own cozy kitchen in just 5 minutes!
By using coconut yogurt in this recipe, I’ve kept it dairy free, but still packed with flavor and creamy texture. I’ve added chia seeds, one of my favorite sneaky superfoods, for extra nutrients, as well. I’ve used blueberries to add some color and a heap of antioxidants, but you can use your favorite berries. Let’s make this photo-worthy breakfast!
Start by adding the first 6 ingredients to a blender or food processor and blending until nice and smooth. Those benefit-rich blueberries give this coconut yogurt smoothie bowl that lovely hue.
Place the blended mix in an airtight container and let it chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Then add the smoothie mix to a bowl and go wild with the toppings! I love adding sliced berries, coconut flakes, hemp seeds or even almonds for a dose of healthy fats. Don’t forget to take a photo of your awesome coconut yogurt chia seed smoothie bowl before serving and enjoying!
Coconut Yogurt Chia Seed Smoothie Bowl
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 4 dates, pitted and halved
- 2 cups coconut milk yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut water
- 1 small container of blueberries
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- TOPPINGS: hemp seeds, sliced strawberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place in an airtight container and allow to chill for 20 minutes prior to serving.
- Add to bowls and top with hemp seeds, sliced strawberries, blackberries and raspberries.