Avocados were first used by the Aztecs and since have been highly sought after for their health benefits. Avocados are high in healthy mono-unsaturated fats such as oleic acid. They also have anti inflammatory properties and are high in potassium, magnesium, and fiber. Try incorporating avocados into your diet with this delicious easy guacamole recipe!
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ¼ cup of red onion, diced
- ¼ cup of cilantro, chopped
- Spoon out avocados into large bowl. Add lime juice, minced garlic, and sea salt.
- With a spoon, mash together until mixture becomes creamy.
- Add in diced tomato, red onion and cilantro and mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately with sliced red peppers, celery, or carrots.