Fungus on your feet, between the toes and in the toenails isn’t fun to deal with, plus it makes for stinky feet! Usually the first response to grab some cheap over-the-counter treatment but these are full of chemicals and are often ineffective. Fortunately, this homemade antifungal powder can work as a stinky feet, athlete’s foot and toenail fungus treatment.
Also, if you often have cold feet or your feet get uncomfortable from dampness when out on a hike or doing anything outdoors, this antifungal powder may do the trick. Making this antifungal powder only take a few minutes. I will walk through the steps to make it right at home.
First, let’s get together the ingredients for a small batch which will provide several applications for you. If you like it, just double the recipe the next time.
You will need:
In a small bowl, let’s combine the bentonite clay and cayenne powder. You may be wondering what bentonite clay is and why we are using it in this recipe. Clay is great at absorbing the toxins and microorganisms in and on your body. In this case, if your feet have been exposed to any type of bad bacteria, the clay helps pull out those toxins.
Cayenne powder is beneficial due to its warming properties providing the sensation of heat. It is important to note that the cayenne pepper is a very hot vegetable pepper, and cayenne powder is made from ground, dried cayenne peppers. You want cayenne powder for this recipe because it is a bit milder than cayenne pepper; however, it is useful because of an active component called capsaicin that helps eliminate and prevent fungus.
Now it is time to add the essential oils. Once all the oils have been added, blend well. To understand a little bit about the oils, cinnamon oil is known for helping with infections, in particular candida yeast infections that is known as one the biggest causes of toenail fungus.
I chose clove oil because of its anti-inflammatory properties as well as its ability to help kill mold and fungus. Frankincense oil adds to the healing benefits by providing antiseptic properties. And all of these will keep your feet smelling fresh!
Now that you have blended the ingredients, let’s apply it. First, place it into your container. I always recommend glass when possible to prevent chemical leaching or a BPA-free powder bottle. You can also just use a glass jar and a spoon or clean makeup brush. You can simply sprinkle the powder onto your feet. (Remember to wash your hands thoroughly before touching your eyes, especially since there is cayenne in the blend.)
Another great way to apply it is by putting it in the toe of your sock, then slip your socks onto your feet. That should help it get between the toes. Apply twice daily for one to two weeks. You can even sleep with it on, but make sure you wear your socks to prevent it from soiling your bed sheets. And always keep in mind that if you have any further irritation, discontinue use immediately.
You are all set to have bacteria-free, fresh-smelling feet. I hope this provides some much needed relief for you.
Homemade Antifungal Powder for Stinky Feet + Toenail Fungus
- 1–1/2 tbsp Bentonite Clay
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- 2 drops of clove essential oil
- 2 drops of frankincense essential oil
- a shaker bottle, glass if possible, or glass jar
- In a small bowl, combine the bentonite clay and cayenne powder.
- Add the essential oils and blend well.
- Place the concoction into your container. I always recommend glass when possible to prevent chemical leaching or a BPA-free powder bottle. You can also just use a glass jar and a spoon or clean makeup brush.
- Sprinkle the powder onto your feet. (Remember to wash your hands thoroughly before touching your eyes, especially since there is cayenne in the blend.)
- Another great way to apply it? Put in the toe of your sock, then slip your socks onto your feet. That should help it get between the toes.
- Apply twice daily for one to two weeks. You can even sleep with it on, but make sure you wear your socks to prevent it from soiling your bed sheets.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &