To make this DIY hair mask, it is easiest if you use a blender, though you can use a bowl and whisk. You start by placing the coconut oil and avocado in the blender. For curly hair, you may want to try the olive oil per the ingredients list above.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (for curly hair: 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon coconut oil)
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Place coconut oil and avocado in the blender. (For curly hair, you may want to try the olive oil per the ingredients list above.)
- If you are using the whisk method, you will need to soften the coconut oil first by slightly heating it.
- Add the egg and honey and blend.
- Add the rosemary and lavender oils and blend.
- To apply, dampen your hair, then apply the mask evenly throughout, making sure to cover all of the hair, especially the ends.
- Once you have applied it, cover the hair with a shower cap or towels so that you do not get it on your clothes. (If you have long hair, tie it up first, then cover it.)
- Allow the mask sit for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Wash out the mask with all-natural shampoo and conditioner.
- For best results, try applying this mask once a week.
Double the recipe if you have very long hair.
Keywords: diy hair mask for damaged hair, diy hair mask for dry hair