Are you looking for a way to incorporate the many health benefits of turmeric into your daily life? If so, I have just the beverage for you. It’s a turmeric latte, often lovingly called “golden milk.”
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or canned coconut milk (go full-fat for keto diet)
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- ½ teaspoon powdered ashwagandha
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger root powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- optional: 1 teaspoon maple syrup (if keto, don’t use)
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add nut milk, turmeric and coconut oil or ghee.
- Stir until mixture is hot and ingredients are well combined.
- Add mixture to a high-powered blender and the remaining ingredients (except for the vanilla).
- Blend on high until mixed well. Stir in the vanilla.
- Serve topped with cinnamon.
Compared to turmeric tea, this turmeric latte is going to have a richer, fuller flavor profile thanks to the use of almond milk or full-fat coconut milk and zero water.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Stovetop, Blender
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 0.6
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: turmeric latte recipe, golden milk recipe