Missing Sleep Can Take Years Off Your Life
Not getting at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night (at night) can be just as bad as eating poorly and not exercising. Even more, the Journal of Occupation and Environmental Medicine recently found that women working the night shift had 400% higher risk of cancer.
If you sleep less than 7/hrs per night your chances of getting sick triples.
Often overlooked by most people (especially in the U.S), sleep is one of the most important factors in your health.
All-Natural Ways to Fall Asleep and Get More Sleep:
- Go to bed in a cold, dark room. (Temperature between 60-73˚) The cold will help decrease your core body temperature, in turn initiating sleepiness.
- Go to bed at the same time every night, wake up at the same time. Your body will get used to the cycle and it will become easier to get good sleep. Try to get 8 hours per night.
- Don’t eat foods high in carbohydrates before bed. Focus on nuts, seeds, veggies and meat for dinner.
- No caffeine after 3pm (it has a 12 hour lasting effect)
- Exercise daily in the morning. Exercising at night can lead to alertness.
- Don’t watch TV or work on the computer in your bed. The bright screen can also lead to alertness. I personally like to read a fiction book or spiritual growth book. Non-fiction books tend to ignite new ideas and lead to alertness.
- If you’re having racing thoughts or worried about the next day, write it all out on paper.
- Eat the right foods throughout the day. These foods will aid in falling asleep: Grassfed beef, Flaxseeds, Chia Seeds, Wild Caught Salmon, Raw Dairy
- Supplement with Calcium Magnesium within 1 hour of going to bed.
- Supplement with Omega-3 Fish oil throughout the day.
Also, If you want to know what brands I use, I’ve listed them all out on my resources page.
From the sound of it, you might think leaky gut only affects the digestive system, but in reality it can affect more. Because Leaky Gut is so common, and such an enigma, I’m offering a free webinar on all things leaky gut. Click here to learn more about the webinar.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &