Are you a fan of hot oatmeal? The dish is a wonderful, fiber-full breakfast — unless you’re not so hot on gluten. Fortunately, this Gluten-Free Oatmeal is for you! Honestly, whether you love oatmeal or are just getting used to the hot cereal, this gluten-free oatmeal recipe is for you. It’s so hearty that you won’t miss the grains in it one bit.
We’ll kick things off by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl and mixing ’em together. This is a great point to personalize your “oatmeal,” by the way. Move the mix into a wide-mouth quart jar and store in the refrigerator.
Next, prepare a serving of oatmeal. Place 1/2 cup of the dry mix in the bowl and then 1 to 1–1/2 cups of almost-boiling water to the mix. Let the ingredients soak and sit for the next 3–5 minutes.
Next, add the 1 serving of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of dry mix and 1–1 1/2 cups of almost-boiling water. Mix it all up and allow it all to sit for 3–5 minutes.
Then take the gluten-free oatmeal and add in fresh fruits, chocolate, coconut milk or honey — whatever your tastebuds want to make the flavor pop! This “faux-meal” is super easy to customize to your family’s preferences, and you’ll love that there’s no gluten or grains in it.
Today and tomorrow, I’m hosting a free presentation all about what I’ve created to be the fastest and most authoritative way to become a Certified Essential Oil Coach.
And you’re invited! Click Here to Register
Whether you’re in pursuit of essential oil mastery or you want to build an essential oil business, this is a must-see presentation. Plus, I’ve set aside a half hour to answer your questions.
Like I said, no charge and you can register here.
Grain-Free Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- ½ –1 cup hemp seeds (less if you choose to add dried fruit to your base mix)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup whole or coarsely ground flaxseeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chopped dried fruit
- ¼–½ teaspoon various spices. My favorite flavor combos are (1) cinnamon, cardamom, ginger; (2) cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, black pepper, coriander; (3) cloves, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon; (4) rosemary, garlic, sage, cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir together thoroughly.
- Include any optional ingredients you like.
- Transfer to a wide-mouth quart jar to store in the refrigerator.
- To prepare 1 serving of oatmeal, place 1/2 cup of dry mix in a bowl and add 1–1½ cups very hot water (just shy of boiling).
- Stir well and allow to sit for 3–5 minutes.
- Add fresh fruits, nuts, unsweetened chocolate, bacon crumbles, chicken or turkey sausage, coconut or almond milk, honey, coconut oil, or grass-fed butter to make it exciting.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &