How good is it when a meal practically cooks itself? That’s the case with this delicious Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole. Not only does this slow cooker breakfast casserole require practically no work, but because it cooks for six to eight hours, you can arrange breakfast the evening before and have it ready in the morning.
This cheesy sausage breakfast casserole is loaded with filling, healthy ingredients, like protein-rich eggs, sweet potatoes, raw cheese and chicken sausage — mmm. Look at the outstanding nutrition facts below: 25 grams of healthy fats, 34 grams of protein and 15 grams of carbs. This breakfast will stay with you! Let’s get started!
How to Make A Breakfast Casserole
In a bowl, beat an egg with kefir, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. The kefir is packed probiotic food for a healthy gut — not bad for a morning meal.
Add the mix to the slow cooker and pour the egg mixture over layers and set on low. Let the breakfast casserole cook for the next eight hours.
This easy breakfast casserole is fantastic and just as easy as one of the bagged varieties you see in the frozen aisle. Forget the alarm — wake up with the scent of a hearty meal ready to be devoured instead!Print
This slow cooker breakfast casserole require practically no work! Prepare the night before and wake up to a delicious, filling, high-protein breakfast.
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup goat kefir
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup raw goat cheese, shredded
- 1 cup raw sheep cheese, shredded
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and grated into hash browns
- 1 pound chicken sausage, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- In a bowl, beat eggs, kefir, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in half the sheep cheese, half the goat cheese and half the green onions.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the potatoes, sausage, peppers and remaining cheese and onions. Add to slow cooker.
- Pour egg mixture over layers and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 hrs
- Category: Breakfasts
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 287g
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 958mg
- Fat: 24.7g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 34.1g
- Cholesterol: 430mg
Keywords: crockpot breakfast casserole, slow cooker breakfast casserole, breakfast casserole recipe, sausage breakfast casserole