This smoked salmon egg bake recipe is a favorite! It’s easy to make and full of flavor, protein, and omega-3 fats. It’s gluten free, grain free and sure to please all.
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup red, yellow and/or orange peppers, chopped
- 1 cup kefir
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Sea Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 ounces smoked wild caught Alaskan salmon, skin removed and roughly broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- ¾ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt the ghee in a 10-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and turning translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened and slightly browned, another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread mixture with ghee over bottom of greased pan
- Spread salmon pieces over onion mixture
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl with the kefir, 1 tbsp of the dill, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and the nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over onion mixture
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Sprinkle goat cheese over top and serve