Cauliflower gives this soup bulk, fights inflammation and decreases risk of heart disease while keeping the calories low. Let’s get this cauliflower soup recipe bubbling.
Heat the coconut oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat and add the garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Cook the veggies until they’re tender.
Next, blend the cauliflower in a food processor. You want the cauliflower processed quite finely. Then add it to the stockpot with the other veggies and let the cauliflower cook through.
Once the cauliflower is tender, add the gluten-free flour to the cauliflower chowder and let the mix cook for five minutes. Then add in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Let this delicious cauliflower chowder reach a boil. Once it does, reduce the heat.
Allow the soup to simmer for 15–30 minutes or until the cauliflower chowder reaches the consistency your family prefers. If you like it on the chunkier side, simmer for less time; if you like it smoother, let it cook for more.
When the cauliflower chowder soup is ready, top it with the turkey bacon for extra flavor and crunch — plus bacon makes everything better!
I hope you like this cauliflower chowder soup as much as I do. It makes a fantastic side dish at dinner or a tasty accompaniment to a salad or sandwich. You could even make this a vegetarian-friendly cauliflower soup recipe by eliminating the bacon and using veggie broth instead of chicken. Enjoy!
Today and tomorrow, I’m hosting a free presentation all about what I’ve created to be the fastest and most authoritative way to become a Certified Essential Oil Coach.
And you’re invited! Click Here to Register
Whether you’re in pursuit of essential oil mastery or you want to build an essential oil business, this is a must-see presentation. Plus, I’ve set aside a half hour to answer your questions.
Like I said, no charge and you can register here.
Cauliflower Soup Recipe (a Chowder!)
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 cups coconut milk
- 1 head cauliflower
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- In a stock pot over medium high heat, melt coconut oil with garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook until tender.
- Blend cauliflower in a food processor until consistency of fine pieces is achieved. Add to stock pot until cooked through.
- Add in flour and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in broth and coconut milk. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15-30 minutes until desired consistency is achieved.
- Season to taste and garnish with bacon.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &