I don’t know about you, but there are lots of times when a meal just requires a side like rice to soak up flavors or set off a special dish, like my seared grass-fed steak or beef short ribs. While it tastes good, white rice has nearly no nutritional value — who needs those empty calories? That’s what makes this cauliflower rice with cilantro and lime just so good.
Now, you may ask the following:
- Is cauliflower rice better than rice?
- How healthy is cauliflower rice?
- Does cauliflower rice taste like rice?
Cauliflower rice benefits are definitely more plentiful than plain, old white rice, and while it obviously has a cauliflower flavor, it also provides a similar texture and doesn’t overpower what it’s eaten with. Plus, this cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe using nothing but healthy ingredients, making it an optimal choice for a side dish (or even main).
Wondering how to rice cauliflower? It’s simple: Just grate it!
Grating the cauliflower gives it a texture and consistency very similar to rice but provides a heap of nutrients and vitamins. In fact, did you know that one serving of cauliflower has up to 77 percent of the vitamin C you should have in a day?
That’s not all. Cauliflower rice nutrition provides all the same vitamins and minerals as the vegetable itself, while cauliflower calories rice calories are low, making it a great choice for weight control — not to mention its cancer-fighting, immune-boosting, heart-healthy benefits.
When prepared with fresh lime juice and cilantro, this cauliflower rice recipe will turn you into a cauli convert.
Here are the other players in this cauliflower rice recipe:
- Cilantro: A common herb rich in vitamins K, A, C and E, cilantro is great for detox, combatting oxidative stress and more.
- Garlic: Among the healthiest herbs in the world, garlic benefits immunity, brain health and more.
- Ghee: Full of fat-soluble vitamins, free of lactose and casein, and loaded with healthy fats, ghee can strengthen bones and digestion without the worries of conventional butter.
- Lime: Another vitamin C powerhouse, lime is great heart and immune health.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice with Cilantro and Lime
Start by melting the ghee over medium-high heat. Ghee benefits are better than butter, and I love using it for cooking because of its nutty flavor and ability to withstand high temperatures.
Add in the cauliflower and minced garlic, stirring occasionally, for the next 5–10 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the cauliflower and garlic mixture. Stir in the chopped cilantro, and pour in the lime juice.
Mix it all up, and then add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Then serve.
This cauliflower rice with cilantro and lime is so easy to make. It pairs well with Mexican dishes, too.
You could even experiment with different herbs and seasonings depending on what you’re serving it with. Plus, while it technically is a side dish, you might even want to eat it solo!Print
While it tastes good, white rice has nearly no nutritional value. This cilantro lime cauliflower rice is loaded with nutrition and flavor.
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 cups grated cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of one lime
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, melt ghee over medium high heat.
- Add in cauliflower and minced garlic, stirring occasionally.
- Cook cauliflower for 5–10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in cauliflower mixture.
- Pour in lime juice and mix well.
- Stir in chopped cilantro.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 64g
- Calories: 45
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
Keywords: how to make cauliflower rice, cauliflower rice recipe, cauliflower rice benefits, cilantro lime cauliflower rice, how to rice cauliflower, cauliflower rice nutrition, cauliflower rice calories,
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &