Have you heard of zoodles? They’re a delicious way to get your veggies in, lighten up meals, cut back on carbs and still enjoy your meals. In other words, they’re a lifesaver and involve the nutrition-rich zucchini. Zoodles are technically zucchini that’s been cut with a spiralizer, turning it into zucchini noodles. If you get creative, however, you can “zoodle” almost any veggie!
If you’re new to the world of spiralizers, this zoodle salad is a great way to start. It pairs popular vegetables like cucumbers, radishes and, of course, zucchini, with a delicious, homemade avocado dressing. Kids will love it, adults will love it — you’ve got to try it!
Start by washing, peeling and spiralizing the radish, cucumber and zucchini. Then peel and slice the onion, chop up the peppers and julienne those carrots. I love all the fresh colors! Add the fresh vegetables to a big bowl, but save a few of the chopped ones for later.
Drizzle the homemade avocado dressing over the zoodle salad mix and use your hands or a rubber spatula to mix it all up. Divvy up the salad into bowls and top with the remaining chopped vegetables.
- 1 medium daikon radish, washed, peeled and spiralized
- 1 medium zucchini, washed and spiralized
- 1 medium cucumber, washed and spiralized
- ½ white onion, peel removed and sliced
- 6–8 green onions, washed and chopped
- 1 of each: small red, green and yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed; washed and chopped
- 4 carrots, washed, peeled and julienned
- For the dressing:
- 1 recipe Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Add the spiralized and chopped vegetables to a large mixing bowl (save a few of the chopped veggies as toppings)
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and use your hands to mix until well-combined.
- Serve topped with leftover chopped veggies.