Are you in need of a new summer side dish? Then say hello to this Lime Cilantro Coleslaw, the perfect complement to your summer barbecues and cookouts.
While typical coleslaw is often loaded with so much mayo you can’t taste any other ingredients, my version requires just one cup of paleo mayonnaise, keeping this lime cilantro coleslaw healthy. It’s also full of flavor, with a heaping dose of fresh lime juice keeping things zesty.
But lest you fear this coleslaw is too bitter to be tasty, a drizzle of honey balances out the taste. While this recipe is meant to accompany a main dish, it’s so tasty you might find yourself enjoying it solo!
Begin by shredding the cabbage into thin ribbons. Next, cut the scallions similarly to the cabbage, keeping them long. Combine the cabbage, scallions and fresh cilantro in a bowl. The herb is terrific at lowering blood pressure and reducing cholesterol.
Next, mix up the mayonnaise, honey and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring to combine well. Season the dressing with salt and pepper — and a little hot sauce if you want to get things spicy — and pour over the cabbage.
This lime cilantro coleslaw takes just a few minutes to prepare and is so worth it. And if you aren’t a cilantro fan, you can still enjoy this side — just substitute another herb, like parsley. Enjoy!
Lime Cilantro Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 head savoy cabbage or purple cabbage
- 4 scallions
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Shred the cabbage into thin ribbons. Cut the scallions long, similar to the cabbage.
- Combine the cabbage, scallions and cilantro in a bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, honey and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and pour dressing over cabbage.