Avocados were first used by the Aztecs and since have been highly sought after for their health benefits. Avocados are high in healthy mono-unsaturated fats such as oleic acid. They also have anti inflammatory properties and are high in potassium, magnesium and fiber. Try incorporating avocados into your diet with this delicious Sweet Potato Brownies dessert recipe!
Sweet Potato Brownies Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato puree
- ½ cup Applesauce
- ¼ - ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup sprouted almond butter
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease 8x8 pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine avocado, sweet potato, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Once creamy, add in cacao powder
- Add in eggs one at a time
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine both mixtures until smooth.
- Transfer to greased pan and bake for 25-35 minutes
- While baking, combine the last 5 ingredients listed in a separate bowl and mix until creamy and smooth
- Once the brownies are done baking and have cooled, frost with this mixture.