If you’re looking for a quick and easy morning meal, this omega blueberry smoothie recipe is the perfect breakfast. It’s loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats and good protein to help you start your day off right.
Best of all, it’s ready in just two minutes, perfect for those busy mornings when you’re rushing to get out the door to start your day.
This blueberry smoothie recipe is about as simple as it gets to make. All you need is a blender and these four powerhouse ingredients:
- Blueberries: You can’t make a blueberry smoothie without blueberries, and that’s a good thing because the health benefits of blueberries cannot be overstated. These little fruits provide a healthy dose of disease-fighting antioxidants, along with vitamins K, C and E. They also supply a manganese, copper and B vitamins, which allows blueberries to aid heart, brain and gut health.
- Coconut Milk: As the liquid base, this blueberry smoothie recipe uses coconut milk. Why coconut milk? Because coconut milk nutrition is full of healthy fats, protein and several important minerals. Plus, it can help improve blood pressure, cholesterol, exercise performance, muscle-building and weight management.
- Flax Meal: Made from nutritious flaxseeds, flax meal is high in fiber but low in carbs — plus high in omega-3 fatty acids to make this an omega blueberry smoothie recipe. It’s also good for skin and hair, as well as gluten-free.
- Vanilla Collagen Powder: Collagen is vital for skin and joints, and it’s also an excellent protein powder option. Vanilla mixes well with blueberry, but you can use different flavors of your choosing.
How to Make an Omega Blueberry Smoothie
First and foremost, gather the ingredients. Then, add them to a blender, and blend away! That’s it!
It doesn’t much easier than that. Blend to your desired consistency, and enjoy this delicious blueberry smoothie recipe.
If you’re looking for more delicious smoothies, try some green smoothie recipes or some of the following:
- Healthy, Delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie Recipe
- Keto Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Chia Seeds & Cacao
- Hydrating Watermelon Smoothie Recipe with Strawberries and Banana
- Brain Boosting Smoothie Recipe
This omega blueberry smoothie recipe is perfect for breakfast. It’s loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats and protein to start your day off right.
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sprouted flax meal
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored collagen protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until a smooth texture is reached.
- Feel free to experiment with different collagen and protein powder flavors.
- You can alter this recipe replacing blueberries with other berries or adding other fruits along to change up the taste and benefits.
- Use the milk of your choosing if you want another option besides coconut milk.
- Category: Smoothies, Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 16.6g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 12.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1g
- Fiber: 8.1g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: blueberry smoothie, blueberry smoothie recipe, how to make a blueberry smoothie