If you’re vegetarian or vegan, you might want to surf away from this page now. But if you believe that everything tastes better with bacon, you’re going to love this Bacon-Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe.
Now, I’m not a fan of pork, and that includes pork bacon. But luckily turkey bacon is widely available. It’s even more delicious than the pork variety because you don’t have to worry about any icky ingredients.
With just a few ingredients and gluten-free flour, these bacon-crusted chicken tenders are a meat lover’s dream dinner. They’re crispy, flavorful and so much better for you than anything you’d buy in a restaurant. So let’s get cooking!
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Then, in a bowl, beat the eggs together. In a separate bowl, combine the cooked bacon, gluten-free flour and cheese.
Dip the chicken tenders in the egg mixture.
Immediately after, dip the chicken in the crumb mixture. This egg and crumb combo keeps the chicken juicy while it cooks and provides that yummy crunch the kids will love.
Place the chicken in the baking dish and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper — mmm.
Bake the chicken for 25–30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Your bacon-crusted chicken tenders are done!
I love this chicken because it’s so versatile. You can serve it in a sandwich, use it as the protein in a salad, serve with veggies or just nibble on as a snack. These go especially well with my Chipotle Honey Mustard Dressing if you like a little kick or my Avocado Ranch Dressing for something a little cooler and creamier.
Bacon-Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 5 pieces turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 4 chicken chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, bacon and cheese.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture and then immediately in the crumb mixture to coat the chicken.
- Place chicken in the baking dish and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.