When you need a quick, flavorful meal that’s easy to prep and a hit among the family, few recipes fit the bill like Chicken Fajitas.
Chicken fajitas at Tex-Mex restaurants are often loaded with cheese, canned sauces and more cheese. They’re tasty, of course, but they can have the caloric equivalent of two meals! There’s no reason to bury fajitas in all those extra ingredients, either. At their core, chicken fajitas are loaded with protein, veggies and zesty seasoning — why mess with a good thing?
My chicken fajitas recipe takes things back to the basics. I think you’ll love it!
Start by heating the coconut oil and a little bit of water in a large skillet. When the oil is warm, add in the chicken.
Sprinkle with half the sea salt and garlic and cook until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside. When it’s cooked through, remove the chicken and shred with a knife and fork. Say hello to your fajita filling.
Next, in the same pan you used for the chicken, add enough water to cover the bottom. Toss in your sliced bell peppers and onion, along with the remaining garlic and sea salt. Cook for 5–10 minutes, then add the chicken back into the pan.
Sprinkle the cumin and chili powder over the veggies and chicken, and cook until the veggies are tender. Serve stuffed inside sprouted grain or brown rice tortillas with black beans on the side or mixed in.
The wonderful part about chicken fajitas is that while the basic recipe remains the same, they’re very customizable. I love putting the chicken and veggies in a big bowl in a fajita “serving station,” along with different toppings — fresh tomatoes and salsa, diced avocado, extra onions, a little freshly grated cheddar and organic sour cream. Each person can build the chicken fajita that suits them with little extra work. It’s a win-win for an easy, healthy dinner.
Today and tomorrow, I’m hosting a free presentation all about what I’ve created to be the fastest and most authoritative way to become a Certified Essential Oil Coach.
And you’re invited! Click Here to Register
Whether you’re in pursuit of essential oil mastery or you want to build an essential oil business, this is a must-see presentation. Plus, I’ve set aside a half hour to answer your questions.
Like I said, no charge and you can register here.
Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 package sprouted grain or brown rice tortillas
- On a medium setting, heat coconut oil and a little water in a large skillet, add chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with half of sea salt and garlic and cook until white throughout.
- Remove chicken and let cool (using a knife and a fork, pull apart the chicken breast until shredded)
- In same skillet, add enough water to cover the bottom. Add sliced bell peppers and onion. Add the remaining garlic and sea salt. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken back into skillet with the peppers and onions. Add cumin and chili powder. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Serve with cooked black beans.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &