Bored of eating cut-up fruit in the same old way? Looking for a healthy way to satisfy an after-dinner sweet tooth? It’s time to make my Fruit Pizza recipe.
That’s right, fruit pizza! This is the dessert health dreams are made of. The pizza “crust” is a yummy dough made from a handful of ingredients you probably already have on hand: coconut oil, eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut flour and baking soda. Top it with a homemade cream cheese frosting or just your favorite fruits for a dessert the family won’t keep their hands off of.
Start by combining the ever-versatile coconut oil, eggs and honey, then stirring in the vanilla. Next, add in the coconut flour and baking soda, gently mixing it together.
Once the dough has formed, place it in the fridge for about an hour, letting it firm up. Then, heat the oven to 350 F and line a pizza pan with parchment paper so the fruit pizza crust doesn’t stick.
Then spread the dough over the pan so it’s about 1/4″ thick and bake for the next 10–12 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden looking.
Let the crust cool before smearing it with the cream cheese frosting. Are you licking the spoon yet? You might want to.
Finally, top the fruit pizza with your favorite fruit. Because there are such few ingredients in this fruit pizza, I urge you to get the best quality fruit you can find — this is the time to hit the farmer’s market or splurge on those juicy blackberries. If you really want to make this dessert decadent, you can top with my Coconut Whipped Cream for a delicious finishing touch.
Hope you enjoy this sweet take on pizza as much as I do.
Fruit Pizza Recipe
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cream cheese frosting recipe
- Fruit for topping
- In a bowl, mix the coconut oil, eggs and honey. Add in the vanilla.
- Add in the coconut flour and baking soda.
- Place dough in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line pizza pan with parchment paper and spread dough over it so it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely and top with cream cheese frosting and fruit.