- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- zest of 2 medium lemons
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper and trim any excess paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until blended and lighter in color. Add the vanilla, coconut milk, honey, melted butter, lemon zest and cranberries. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix and blend thoroughly. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 30–35 minutes, watching closely in the last 5 minutes of baking.
- When knife inserted in middle comes out clean or nearly so, remove pan from oven and remove bars to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Finding gluten-free sweet treats can be difficult. While more and more places are catering to gluten sensitivity diets and food allergies, it’s always a bit nerve-wracking making sure there’s no contamination. And let’s face it: imitations of some of the goodies we love best don’t always taste great.
That’s why I’m a huge fan of making gluten-free goodies at home, like these outstanding Gluten-Free Lemon Bars with Cranberries. You’ll be delighted at how fluffy and cake-like these are when they’re made with nutritious coconut flour, one of the best gluten-free flours. And the flavor? It can’t be beat. With fresh lemon zest, creamy coconut milk and tart cranberries, this rivals anything Betty Crocker could whip up.
Trust me, when it comes to these Gluten-Free Lemon Bars, there’s no time to waste. Let’s get baking!Start by heating the oven to 350 F, so it’s nice and toasty, then grease an 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass baking dish with coconut oil or butter.
In a medium bowl, whisk up the eggs until they’re well blended; they’ll actually turn lighter in color. Then add in the vanilla, coconut milk, honey, cranberries and lemon zest and stir until everything’s all mixed up.
Pro tip: If you want a subtle lemon flavor, the zest from 1 lemon will do it. Ready to get crazy and get your lemon on? Use the zest of 2 lemons.Next, in a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet mix and stir it all up, making sure everything’s blended thoroughly. Let the batter hang out for 5 minutes and take a water break.It’s time! Pour the Gluten-Free Lemons Bars batter into the dish you’ve greased up and slide it into the oven. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If it doesn’t come out clean, lick the batter and try again in another few minutes.Once the bars are ready, let them cool slightly before slicing.
I love that, with these bars, gluten-free doesn’t mean flavor-free. Because of their cake-like texture, I love serving these Lemon Bars with Cranberries at breakfast or as a snack along with hot tea. They do hold up well for traveling, so wrap ’em up and pack them for a yummy on-the-go snack.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &