When you think of bakery treats that you can make at home, I bet cookies and cakes come first to mind. But did you know that donuts are just as easy to make at home? While they might look complicated, the only special tool you need to prepare donuts is a donut pan! Super easy. And I suggest you try your hand at making these treats with my Vegan Lemon Lavender Donuts recipe.
Not only is there no dairy in these vegan donuts, but they’re also gluten-free. They’re prepared with chickpea flour, a high-protein, high-fiber alternative to wheat flour. The dried lavender adds such a distinctive — and delicious — taste. If you haven’t tried this flower in food before, you’re in for a pleasant surprise!
Move over, Krispy Kreme. There are some new donuts in town.
Start by preheating the oven to 350F and then mixing together the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set them aside.
In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients — including nutrition-rich coconut milk — and whisk until combined. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry bowl and stir it all up.
Next, grease the donut pan and pour in the combined mix. Bake for about 12–15 minutes or until the donuts are golden brown. Don’t overbake!
While the donuts are baking, prepare the frosting, in which you use either maple syrup or raw honey. In a small saucepan, add all the frosting ingredients and heat over medium-low on the stove until everything is well mixed.
Let the donuts rest for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Top the vegan lemon lavender donuts with the frosting and coconut flakes, then serve and enjoy!
These donuts are delicious anytime a day — breakfast, snack or dessert. Make extra, because these will go quickly!
Nutritional information for the donuts with the frosting: 333 calories, 28.2 grams fat, 33.7 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 3.5 grams protein and 27 grams sugar.
Makes 6 donuts
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- zest of ½ lemon
- ½ - 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup of coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- Coconut flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease one donut pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Grease a donut pan and pour in the mixture. Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until donuts are golden brown. Allow donut cakes to rest for 5 minutes before flipping onto cooling wrack.
- While donuts are baking, in a small saucepan, add the frosting ingredients and stir over medium-low heat until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Top with frosting and coconut flakes.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &