How good is it when a meal practically cooks itself? That’s the case with this delicious Crockpot Breakfast Casserole. Not only does this crockpot breakfast casserole require practically no work, but because it cooks for six to eight hours, you can arrange breakfast the evening before and have it ready in the morning.
This crockpot breakfast casserole is loaded with filling, healthy ingredients, like protein-rich eggs, sweet potatoes and chicken sausage — mmm. Let’s get started!
In a bowl, beat an egg with kefir, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. The kefir is packed probiotic food for a healthy gut — not bad for a morning meal.
Next, stir in half the sheep cheese, half the goat cheese and half the green onions. Then in a medium bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, sausage, peppers, and remaining cheeses and onions.
Add the mix to the slow cooker and pour the egg mixture over layers and set on low. Let the breakfast casserole cook for the next six to eight hours.
This easy crockpot breakfast casserole is fantastic and just as easy as one of the bagged varieties you see in the frozen aisle. Forget the alarm — wake up with the scent of a hearty meal ready to be devoured instead!
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Total Time: 6-8 hours
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup kefir
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup raw goat cheese, shredded
- 1 cup raw sheep cheese, shredded
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and grated into hashbrowns
- 1 pound chicken sausage, chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- In a bowl, beat eggs, kefir, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in half the sheep cheese, half the goat cheese and half the green onions.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the potatoes, sausage, peppers and remaining cheese and onions. Add to slow cooker.
- Pour egg mixture over layers and cook on low for 6–8 hours.