No matter how careful we are, we’re all bound to burn ourselves from time to time while cooking or working around the kitchen, along with any other number of accidents that could lead to burns. If you’re looking for how to treat a burn at home or want to have something on hand just in case, look no further than this homemade burn salve.
Not only is this DIY treatment effective, but you can make this homemade burn salve in just a couple of minutes … literally!
This homemade burn salve recipe is simple and ready in just two minutes. All you need are the following three ingredients:
- Lavender essential oil helps calm the inflamed injury site while disinfecting it. In fact, a study conducted on rats found that “topical application of lavender oil promoted collagen synthesis and differentiation of fibroblasts, accompanied by up-regulation of TGF-β. These data suggest that lavender oil has the potential to promote wound healing in the early phase by acceleration of formation of granulation tissue, tissue remodeling by collagen replacement and wound contraction through up-regulation of TGF-β. The beneficial effect of lavender oil on wound healing may raise the possibility of new approaches as complementary treatment besides conventional therapy.”
- Olive oil provides healthy fats and vitamin E to replenish the skin with nutrients.
- Honey provides antioxidants and rehydrates the injured area.
How to Make a Homemade Burn Salve
Like my homemade drawing salve, this homemade burn salve is ready in a snap. In fact, it takes just two minutes!
Simply mix the lavender oil, honey and olive oil together and put in a glass jar. To use it, slather it over the burn, and cover it the injury site with dressing or bandage. That’s it!
Try this recipe, and keep it on hand … just in case!Print
This homemade burn salve recipe helps calm the inflamed injury site while disinfecting it and replenishing the skin with nutrients and hydration.
- 2 ounces honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- Glass jar
- Mix all ingredients together, and spread lavishly over injury.
- Cover injury site with dressing or bandage.
- Method: Mixing
Keywords: burn salve, homemade burn salve, diy burn salve, burn salve recipe