Conventional cleaners are made with synthetic fragrances and harmful chemicals. Instead, try this Homemade Melaleuca Lemon Household Cleaner. It’s made with only four ingredients, is easy and fast to make!
The tea tree and lemon essential oils naturally kill bacteria while leaving a refreshing aroma that can also improve your health. Try it today.
As mentioned above, this household cleaner contains just four ingredients, making it quick and simple to whip up. Here are those four main players:
- Water. You can’t make an effective household cleaner without water, so naturally water is the base for this homemade recipe.
- Distilled white vinegar. Distilled white vinegar is used in many cleaning products and for good reason. For starters, it’s been proven to hold antimicrobial properties, making it an excellent disinfectant and cleaner. Research backs up this claim, noting that the acetic acid in white vinegar can kill bacteria.
- Melaleuca oil. Melaleuca oil, also known as tea tree oil, is one of the top antibacterial essential oils around, so naturally it’s a great ingredient for any household cleaner, often used in disinfectant sprays. It’s also tremendous for another homemade cleaning needs, which is why I use it in my homemade bathroom cleaner.
- Lemon essential oil. Lemon essential oil is one of the more common ingredients in natural cleaning agents thanks to all the antimicrobial and antibacterial effects of lemon. It can even be used to make a homemade dishwasher detergent, homemade face wash, DIY nail polish remover and more.
Note: Citrus essentials oils are highly concentrated and are full of healthy acidic properties! Because of this, I recommend you use glass containers when storing them so they do not eat away any of the plastic.
How to Make a Homemade Melaleuca Lemon Household Cleaner
This homemade melaleuca lemon household cleaner is about as easy to make as can be. Simply mix eight ounces of water with four ounces of distilled white vinegar, 15 drops of tea tree oil and 15 drops of lemon oil in a glass spray bottle.
Then, close the bottle, and shake it well — then make sure sure to swirl and shake it before each use. That’s it!Print
This Homemade Household Cleaner is easy to make, and it works! It naturally kills bacteria while leaving a refreshing aroma that can also improve your health.
- 8 ounces water
- 4 ounces distilled white vinegar
- 15 drops melaleuca oil
- 15 drops lemon oil
- Glass cleaning spray bottle
- Fill spray bottle with ingredients.
- Close bottle and shake to mix.
- Swirl/shake bottle before each spray.
Keywords: household cleaner, homemade household cleaner, Homemade Melaleuca Lemon Household Cleaner, Melaleuca Lemon Household Cleaner