This homemade face wash recipe will leave your skin feeling refreshed, hydrated and clean. The essential oils and coconut oil work to kill any bacteria while providing nutrients and hydration to your skin to keep it looking and feeling young and vibrant! It’s one of my all-time favorite recipes!
Note: Citrus essentials oils are highly concentrated and are full of healthy acidic properties. Because of this, we recommend you use glass containers when storing them so they don’t eat away any of the plastic.
If you feel like you could use some more in depth information on essential oils, Dr. Josh Axe is hosting a free webinar going over, in great detail, uses and tips for using essential oils. Click below to learn more.
Homemade Face Wash
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- Glass Jar
- (if acne prone, replace frankincense and lemon oils with 10 drops of tea tree essential oil)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over low heat
- Once melted, remove from heat and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Store in wash dispenser or air tight jar and keep it in a cool place