This homemade face wash recipe will leave your skin feeling refreshed, hydrated and clean. The essential oils and coconut oil work to kill any bacteria while providing nutrients and hydration to your skin to keep it looking and feeling young and vibrant! It’s one of my all-time favorite recipes!
Note: Citrus essentials oils are highly concentrated and are full of healthy acidic properties. Because of this, we recommend you use glass containers when storing them so they don’t eat away any of the plastic. Since lemon oil does contain compounds that contribute to photosensitivity, you should avoid sun for at least 12 hours after using to be safe. That doesn’t mean you can’t go outside, but rather, just use a sun hat or stick to shady spots. (1)
Homemade Face Wash
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- Glass Jar
- (if acne prone, replace frankincense and lemon oils with 10 drops of tea tree essential oil)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over low heat
- Once melted, remove from heat and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Store in wash dispenser or air tight jar and keep it in a cool place
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &