- Treats patients around the globe from her private practice in Los Angeles
- Specializes in healing anxiety, depression, pain, fatigue, insomnia and helping people get off of antidepressants & other medications
- Course instructor and fellow at Andrew Weil M.D.’s University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Member of the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
- Drexel University College of Medicine emergency medicine residency with an emphasis on critical care, immunology research
Catherine Uram, MD provides compassionate, highly individualized care from her practice in Los Angeles, California to patients around the globe. She cares for the whole person — body, mind and spirit — with the best of alternative and conventional medicine. She specializes in healing anxiety, depression, pain, fatigue and insomnia and helps people get off of antidepressant, anti-anxiety, sleep and other medications to feel better naturally. She incorporates herbs, supplements, homeopathy, nutrition and energy healing into her medical practice. Dr. Uram helps people feel happy, healthy and whole.
Dr. Uram is a course instructor at Dr. Andrew Weil’s Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona, a member of the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine, trained at Drexel University College of Medicine in emergency medicine with emphasis on critical care, has a background in research immunology identifying enzymes that are now targets for chemotherapy, received multiple educational and research grants, practiced and taught in public, private and top-tier academic centers in the US and abroad and is a master teacher through the International Center for Reiki Training. She has trained in various healing traditions from around the world, which she incorporates into her practice.
Dr. Uram graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, CT and Reed College in Portland, OR with a bachelor’s degree in biology, publishing a research thesis in immunology. She received her medical degree and residency training in emergency medicine with an emphasis on critical care at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA and completed her fellowship at Dr. Andrew Weil’s Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona.