You may think making your own shampoo would be time-consuming and involve a laundry list of ingredients. Not so, at least not with this DIY rosemary mint shampoo recipe.
Not only does it involve just five simple ingredients, but it’s ready in just two minutes! You read that correctly: two minutes!
Here are the players in this homemade rosemary mint shampoo:
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera is a tremendous ingredient for hair care. It helps moisturize the scalp and hair, and research has shown it can help with an itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil benefits the aging process, and it has an emollient function that keeps moisture in both the hair and skin.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is well-known to help cleanse hair, whether in a traditional shampoo or dry shampoo. It makes for a great ingredient in this homemade rosemary mint shampoo.
- Rosemary Oil: Rosemary oil has the ability to help stop hair loss and actually promote hair growth, so naturally it’s a great ingredient to any hair care product.
- Peppermint Oil: Just like rosemary, peppermint essential oil promotes hair growth and also helps combat dandruff.
How to Make Homemade Rosemary Mint Shampoo
Making this homemade shampoo couldn’t be easier. Simply mix the five ingredients together, add them to a BPA-free glass bottle … and voila, you have your homemade shampoo.
You can similar homemade shampoos if you’d like to switch up the scent. Here are some of my favorite DIY shampoo and hair cleanse recipes to try:
- Homemade Coconut Lavender Shampoo
- Homemade Baking Soda Shampoo
- Homemade Anti-Dandruff Shampoo with Coconut Milk
- Homemade Honey Citrus Shampoo
- Tea Tree, Green Tea & Honey Shampoo for Oily Hair
Shampoo can contain harmful chemicals. Instead, try this homemade rosemary mint shampoo recipe! It’s easy to make and can help thicken hair and reduce dandruff.
- 6 ounces aloe vera gel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 tablespoons baking soda
- 20 drops rosemary oil
- 10 drops peppermint oil
- BPA-free glass dispenser bottles
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in an 8-ounce glass or plastic bottle.
- Category: Hair Care
- Method: Mixing
Keywords: homemade rosemary mint shampoo, rosemary mint shampoo