Chances are that you’ve tried milk pudding before. It’s a dessert made, in different variations, throughout the world. But typically if you’re lactose-intolerant, it’s downhill — the recipes rely quite heavily on cow’s milk.
That’s why it’s such a treat to bring you my Coconut Milk Pudding recipe. It’s made with nutrition-rich coconut milk, so not only is it suitable for those avoiding dairy, but it gets an extra creaminess. There is no refined sugar in it; instead, you’ll enjoy the healing power of honey. If you’re ready for a super tasty dessert that you probably have all the ingredients for already (isn’t it great when that happens?), it’s time to make this coconut milk pudding.
Start by bringing the coconut milk and honey to a boil in a small pot. Once the mixture is boiling, turn the heat to low.
Then, in a bowl, whisk together the arrowroot powder and eggs. When they’re well combined, take one cup of the coconut milk and honey mix and pour it into the egg bowl. Make sure to whisk constantly while doing this, to avoid any clumping.
Now it’s time to combine everything. Slowly add the egg mixture to the coconut milk pot on the stove, whisking constantly. Be sure to keep the heat low so the eggs don’t cook! Once the mixture on the stove thickens, remove the pot from heat and add in the vanilla extract and coconut oil.
Stir it all up, then pour the contents into a bowl. Place the bowl in the refrigerator, letting the coconut milk pudding cool and thicken a bit more for 30–60 minutes.
That’s all there is to this unbelievably simple recipe! You can easily whip up this coconut milk pudding on a short moment’s notice or when you’re in the mood for something sweet. I know this will become a dessert staple!
Coconut Milk Pudding Recipe
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Add coconut milk and honey to a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow mixture to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk arrowroot powder and eggs.
- Slowly pour 1 cup coconut milk into egg mixture, whisking constantly to prevent clumping.
- Turn heat setting of coconut milk to low and slowly add egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Once it thickens, remove from heat and add in remaining ingredients.
- Pour contents into a bowl and allow to cool in fridge for 30-60 minutes.